Black bean sauce spare ribs is a classic chinese dish that is common in all parts of china and Asia. It is easy to make and very versatile with different vegetables. Black beans are salted fermented black soybeans. It has a salty, sweet, with a slightly bitter taste. It is meant to be a nice sauce and seasoning that compliments dishes. Black beans are actually very nutritious as well. It has potassium, vitamin B6, and fiber which all lowers cholesterol in the blood and decreases the chance of heart disease.
1. Soak the black beans in warm water for 5 minutes
2. Mince the two cloves of garlic
3. After black beans are soft from soaking, drain water out.
4. Use the back of a spoon and mash the black beans to push flavors out. Keep mashing until black beans break apart
5. Add in sugar, soy sauce, corn starch, oil, 2 tablespoons of water, and minced garlic to mix sauce
6. Slice spare ribs in between the bones and slice through each piece in between the bones.
7. Marinate the ribs in sauce and coat spareribs all over
8. Heat a wok or steamer on high heat with 2 cups of water, and metal steamer inside
9. Once water is boiling, turn down the heat to medium and place plate of spareribs in steamer
10. Put the lid on and steam for 10 minutes depending on the size of the spare ribs. If you have larger pieces, steam for an additional 2 minutes to be safe.
11. Slice green onion while spareribs are steaming.
12. Once spareribs are done steaming, use spoon to ladle sauce over spare ribs
13. Garnish with fresh green onion and serve
Keywords: Black Bean Sauce Spareribs