This dynamic combination of sweet and crumbly scone combined with light citrus from the kumquats was an absolutely perfect combination!
- Prep Time: 40
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: chinese
- 1 cup of kumquats
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup of cold butter
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup of milk
- Freeze butter in the freezer the night before making scones.
- Slice kumquats thinly and discard the center of the fruit.
- In one mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk together. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together. Take butter out of the freezer and start grating butter into the dry ingredients bowl.
- Once you are done grating, combine wet and dry ingredients in a bowl and add kumquats. Use your hands to lightly blend and mix until the mixture is blended. Don’t overwork the mixture.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray. Place mixture on the parchment paper and use a sharp knife to cut into 8 pieces of scones. Use milk or heavy cream to lightly brush the top of the scones so that it browns nicely.
- Bake scones at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Keywords: kumquat scones recipe