3 Ingredient Orange Chicken
Orange chicken is a simple and lightly pan fried chicken coated in a nice caramelized orange tangy sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: chinese
- ¾ cup of corn starch
- 1 pack of chicken thighs
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ½ siu hing (optional)
- 2 tbsp black vinegar
- ½ –1 tbsp rock sugar (depending on your preference for sweetness)
- ½ cup of water
- ¾ cup of orange juice (1-2 oranges for fresh orange juice)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Rinse and pat down chicken thighs dry. Slice chicken thighs into 1/2 inch pieces. Put cornstarch in a bowl and start coating chicken thighs with corn starch. Dust off excess corn starch by shaking chicken thighs.
- If you’re using fresh oranges, peel the skin of the oranges and discard. In a blender, blend oranges until oranges are completely broken down. Use a sieve with a bowl underneath and filter out orange pulp and catch juice in the bowl.
- Heat a wok on medium heat until warm. Add 1 tbsp of oil and once oil starts glistening, pan fry chicken thigh pieces for a few minutes. Remove chicken from the wok once finished.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in orange juice, vinegar, water, and rock sugar. Wait for the sauce to simmer and thicken to desired consistency. Once sauce has thickened and is boiling, add in chicken thighs and lightly toss with wok.
- Coat chicken in sauce for just a minute and take it off the heat and serve. Garnish with some fresh orange wedges and enjoy!
Keywords: 3 ingredient orange chicken