Watercress soup is a seasonal soup since watercress isn’t available year-round. This soup is a delicious hearty vegetable soup that can detoxify your toxins and give your body a nice cleanse.
1. Parboil lean pork (and optionally, pork bone) by filling a pot with enough cold water to cover the pork. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 2 mins. Rinse pork of impurities under cold water.
2. In a large stockpot, bring 3.8 liters of water to boil on high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium, and add in lean pork, pork bones, north almond, south almond, dried figs, and dried dates.
3. Boil for 1 hour, covered.
4. After 1 hour, add watercress (and optionally, sea cucumbers) in for half an hour to boil.
5. After 1 ½ hours of boiling, turn off the stove, season soup to taste, and serve.
Parboiling pork and bones – To clean meat and bones of impurities, you must parboil it by boiling it for a few minutes to rid it of scum.
Cleaning the watercress – To clean, fill a bowl with water and soak watercress, making sure to push the watercress down to rinse out bugs and dirt. Drain dirty water and repeat the process 2-3 times.
Keywords: watercress soup