Pickled Asian cucumber is crunchy, spicy, and is the perfect combination of savory and sweet. I love this as an appetizer or even just a snack to have in the fridge.
1. Cut off both ends of cucumber and discard. Shave the sides of the cucumber sparingly.
2. Slice cucumber (how thin/thick should the cucumber slices be?) and place in a mixing bowl. Add ¼ tsp of salt and mix well. Wait 5-10 minutes for salt to draw the moisture from cucumbers.
3. In another bowl, combine fish sauce, water, vinegar, pepper flakes, and sugar.
4. Optional: Add sesame oil as an option.
5. After 10 minutes, use a paper towel to thoroughly pat the cucumbers dry. Then, pour sauce mixture in with cucumbers, mix and serve.
6. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: asian cucumber salad, asian keto recipes