Chinese Tomato Egg Stir Fry
Chinese tomato egg stir fry is a savory saute dish that combines a soft scrambled egg with juicy sweet tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Cuisine: chinese
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of tomatoes
- 1–2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- Optional: 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- Crack and whisk eggs in a bowl until there is little or no egg whites. Mince 1-2 cloves of garlic. Cube tomatoes into 1/2 inch increments.
- Heat a wok up on medium heat, add 1 tsp of oil to wok and wait for oil to warm up. Once oil is warm and glistens, add in egg mixture to wok.
- Use a spatula and push egg mixture towards the middle since outer edges of egg will cook quickly. Once eggs are 80 percent cooked, quickly take eggs
- Set wok on medium heat. Add in tomatoes to cook for a few minutes until tomatoes soften. Add in sugar to tomatoes. Once tomatoes are ready, add in eggs and turn off the heat. Let the heat from wok and tomatoes to cook remainder of eggs.
- Add in salt to taste and ketchup as an option for gravy. Serve right away.
Keywords: chinese tomato egg stir fry